Alexander & Björck's Lena Björck shares her top tips for hosting a big bash
- Keep it simple, host at your place. Inviting people into your home makes for a much more personal experience.
- Start by choosing a colour theme. When I think of summer, I love to mix hot pink with red and orange - the combination makes for a vibrant, happy and exotic feel.
- Big bunches of flowers are essential. Roses or hydrangeas are my favourites, but you can use any flowers - just keep them the same throughout to tie it all together.
- Candles, candles, candles! Pick lanterns, candles and candlesticks in a range of sizes, then group them together on sideboards, mantles, coffee tables etc. Always have a few near the entrance, along with some flowers, so guests are struck as soon as they enter the party.
- Complement the flowers and candles with some other, more quirky accessories. In the past, I've used brightly-coloured saris as tablecloths, or draped the fabrics from the ceiling, sprinkled rose petals on the tabletops and had a bit of fun filling different-sized glass vessels with marshmallows and other sweets.
- If you're lucky enough to have one, transform your garden by hiring some smart outdoor furniture.
- Speaking of the great outdoors, even if you're planning a full dinner, it can be fun to serve some freshly-cooked finger food straight from the barbecue!
- If it's a really special occasion and you're going to bring in a caterer, pick someone who is on the same page as you and will work as an extension of yourself. It's also important to make sure any staff they might bring in are friendly and professional.
- Enjoy it!