Upgrade your after-dinner coffee this Christmas, with a recipe for cinnamon and polenta biscottik, from Sartoria's Chef Patron, Francesco Mazzei. They make the perfect homemade gift for any host...
CINNAMON & POLENTA BISCOTTI
360g 00 flour
120g polenta flour
240g caster sugar
5g ground cinnamon
200g butter (room temperature)
240g nibbed hazelnuts
1 pinch of salt
10 egg yolks
1) Add all ingredients,except the eggs, to a bow. Mix well until you have a crumbly consistency.
2) Add the yolks one-by-one, until it creates a dough.
3) Line a rectangular cake tin with cling film, then add the dough and flatten until 2cm thick. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for around three hours.
4) Transfer the dough to a chopping board and cut into 4cm-wide strips, then slice each strip at 1cm intervals.
5) Mix the caster sugar and ground cinnamon separately, dip all the biscuits in the mixture and arrange them on a non-stick oven tray. Bake them at 150°C for about 20 minutes, or until they get a golden brown colour.
6) Let the biscuits cool down completely, whilst you melt dark chocolate. Then dip each one half-way into the chocolate and set onto baking parchment to cool.